General Plan Project
- Sep 17, 2016 Brentwood General Plan Update and EIR
- Sep 18, 2016 City of La Verne General Plan Update & EIR
- Sep 19, 2016 Colusa County General Plan and EIR
- Oct 14, 2016 Cotati General Plan Update and EIR
- Oct 14, 2016 Escalon Focused General Plan Update
- Oct 22, 2016 Sebastopol General Plan Update and EIR
De Novo Planning Group prepared an update to the City’s Air Quality, Circulation, and Land Use Elements to address air quality, climate change, and community health and wellness issues. The project was managed by Beth Thompson, with Ben Ritchie and Steve McMurtry serving as principal planners and technical analysts. The revisions to the elements promoted: 1) analysis of development projects for potential health impacts associated with air quality, 2) a complete streets system, 3) development of high density residential uses and affordable housing within walking distance of health care, parks, schools, and other amenities to encourage walking and bicycle trips, 4) coordinated regional planning efforts to encourage non-automotive transportation and improve air quality, and 5) local design and development standards to provide improved pedestrian and bike routes and connectivity. The San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District reviewed the proposed amendments and commended the City for its commitment to protecting the health of its citizens.