General Plan Project
- Sep 17, 2016 Brentwood General Plan Update and EIR
- Sep 18, 2016 City of La Verne General Plan Update & EIR
- Sep 19, 2016 Colusa County General Plan and EIR
- Oct 14, 2016 Cotati General Plan Update and EIR
- Oct 14, 2016 Escalon Focused General Plan Update
- Oct 22, 2016 Sebastopol General Plan Update and EIR
The De Novo team prepared a comprehensive update to the Sebastopol General Plan. The update included a comprehensive community outreach process that included Community Visioning workshops, community-oriented meetings with the General Plan Advisory Group, open houses, and numerous meetings and workshops with the Planning Commission and City Council to ensure that issues were appropriate and comprehensively addressed. Deliverables included a detailed Existing Conditions Report, an Issues and Opportunities Report, a GPAC Draft General Plan, a Public Review Draft General Plan, the Final General Plan, and the supporting CEQA documentation. Preparation of a comprehensive update to the City’s Housing Element was completed and the Housing Element was certified by HCD.
The updated General Plan provides the City with a General Plan that focuses on economic development, increased housing opportunities, and conservation of the surrounding rural/agricultural character. The growth pattern focuses primarily on in-fill growth, allowing for increased densities and building intensities in the Downtown area.